Does penmanship time at your house ever feel like pulling teeth? Do you ever wish there was a fun way to practice those handwriting skills? This past summer I faced that exact same dilemma. I wanted the girls to continue to practice their penmanship, but I also wanted them to enjoy it. That’s when I came up with the idea of a joke book.
I don’t know about your kids, but my girls love jokes. As such, we created joke books to keep up our penmanship over the summer break. While the girls generally don’t consider handwriting practice to be something to enjoy, they loved creating their joke books and couldn’t wait to learn the next day’s joke.
Their joke book became something they took pride in and wanted to continue to add to long after our summer school session ended. Even now, I still hear them sharing jokes from their joke book or see them adding additional jokes for the future. In short, creating a joke book for penmanship practice was a hit!
That said, here are the 24 kid-friendly jokes you might like to use to help your children create their own penmanship joke books. Have fun sharing and writing with this laughter-filled copywork!
24 Kid-Friendly Jokes Worth Copying
- What goes and up and down but does not move? Stairs.
- What did one wall say to the other wall? I’ll meet you at the corner.
- Why can’t your nose be 12 inches long? Because then it would be a foot!
- What kind of car does Mickey Mouse’s wife drive? A Minnie van.
- Why are teddy bears never hungry? They are always stuffed.
- Why is a fish easy to weight? Because it has its own scales.
- What kind of keys do kids like to carry? Cookies.
- What type of music are balloons scared of? Pop music.
- What has one head, one foot, and four legs? A bed.
- What has a head, a tail, is brown, and has no legs? A penny.
- How many books can you put into an empty backpack? One! After that it’s not empty.
- What starts with a “P” and ends with an “E” and has a million letters in it? Post Office.
- What is full of holes but can still hold water? A sponge!
- Why can’t Cinderella play soccer? Because she is always running away from the ball.
- How can you tell the ocean is friendly? It waves.
- What do you give a sick bird? Tweetment.
- Why does a flamingo lift up one leg? Because if it lifted both legs it would fall over!
- Why do birds fly south in the winter? Because it’s too far to walk.
- Why did the pony have to gargle? Because it was a little horse.
- What is a rabbit’s favorite dance style? Hip-hop.
- What’s a tornado’s favorite game? Twister.
- What kind of tree can fit into your hand? A palm tree.
- What stays in the corner, but travels around the world? A stamp.
- Why did the picture go to jail? Because it was framed.