Do you know what countries make up the Middle East? Do you know what shawarma is? Have you ever studied Israel’s history? All this and more we discovered on our virtual trip to the Middle East.
During our geography studies we are learning about the landscape of each country, its food, and even some of its history. Below is a list of resources we used to learn more about this week’s countries. May these fun resources help your study of the Middle East come alive too!Come learn about the Middle East's culture, history, composers & food in these fun-filled geography lessons!Click To Tweet
Engaging Geography Resources to Explore the Middle East
- The Three Princes by Eric A. Kimmel and Leonard Everett Fisher
- For the Right to Learn by Rebecca Langston-George and Janna Bock
- If You Were Me and Lived In…Turkey by Carole P. Roman
- The Turkey Girl by Penny Pollock and Ed Young
- If You Were Me and Lived In…Israel by Carole P. Roman and Kelsea Wierenga
- Complete this worksheet on the Middle East
- Complete this worksheet on Turkey
- Try out one of these Turkish recipes
- Color the Turkey flag
- Complete this worksheet on Israel
- Color the Israel flag
- Try cooking an Israel recipe. My favorite is hummus!