Can you name two famous composers from Russia? Do you know how much of it is actually UNoccupied? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to live there?
This year we are taking a virtual trip around the world, learning all about different cultures, countries, missionaries, and more. Last week we studied about Russia. We learned about the history of Russia, about some of its composers, and even how to make Borscht. Yum!
Below is a list of resources we used to learn more about this fascinating country. May these fun resources help your study of Russia’s geography come alive too!Come learn about Russia's culture, history, composers & food in these fun-filled geography lessons!Click To Tweet
Engaging Geography Resources for the Study of Russia
- If You Were Me and Lived In…Russia by Carole P. Roman
- The Littlest Matryoshka by Corinne Demas Bliss and Kathryn Brown
- Breaking Stalin’s Nose by Eugene Yelchin
- Brother Andrew: Taking Bibles to the World by Renee Meloche
- Brother Andrew: God’s Secret Agent by Janet & George Benge
- The Fool of the World and the Flying Ship: A Russian Tale by Arthur Ransome
- Igor Stravinsky by Mike Venezia
- Pictures at an Exhibition by Anna Harwell
- Babushka’s Doll by Polacco
- Complete this word search
- Color Russia flag
- Make your own Babushka dolls
- Make Borscht or other enticing Russian meal
- Learn more about Russia on via this website
What other amazing resources for Russia would you add to this list? Share in the comments below!