October is Computer Learning Month. As such, it is a great time to think about incorporating computer learning into your child’s education if you don’t already do so as exposure to technology is vital in this information age.
Technology is all around us. The question is not IF your child will be exposed to technology, but WHEN and HOW. Whether you homeschool or your child gets his/her schooling in another fashion, you can always do something to incorporate technology positively into their education.
[bctt tweet=”“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.” ― Arthur C. Clarke”]
It should also be noted that including technology in your child’s education doesn’t have to be completely technology focused, such as an html course. It could be something as simple as technology exposure while they are learning another subject. Need some ideas? Here are 7 ways you can easily include technology in your child’s education.
7 Ways to Include Technology in Your Child’s Education
- Let them have fun with some educational apps.
- Reinforce multi-subject content via free online education games.
- Have them use an online planner to stay organized.
- Subscribe and watch a video from one of these amazing educational YouTube channels.
- Add a computer or programming course to your child’s curriculum.
- Have them learn how to type online.
- Watch a movie that is relevant to a topic your child is studying in another subject. Here are some great ideas for American History and musicals by age appropriateness.