Next Tuesday is Valentines Day…the day EVERYONE and their dog goes on a date. Well it seems like everyone anyway. My brother has always told me it’s Hallmark’s holiday–a day they set aside long ago to increase sales. Forget the romance. Forget the love. It’s really all about the money and the sale of more cards and candy. Not very romantic, is it? He’s also the brother who WILL NOT celebrate in any way shape or form on Valentine’s Day but treats his wife to flowers and dinner on the day after Valentine’s Day instead. His reasoning–no waiting in line and the same flowers are usually half off. Aw the love….
So, what about you? What are you going to do or not do for Valentine’s Day? Are you the kind of person who avoids the holiday restaurant rush and stays at home on the couch in front of the fireplace with leftover Chinese? Or the kind who has to be pampered to completeness all in the name of the holiday? Me, I’m kind of an in-between kind of girl. I like to get flowers but flowers from Walmart are just as special to me as the 1-800-FLOWERS stores. And, I could just as easily enjoy a quiet candlelight dinner at home on the day of if someone else would just do the dishes afterwards or bring home some cheesecake for dessert. After all, it’s really about the time you spend together and the act of caring more than the materialism of it all anyway.
Whatever you decide to do, I hope you’ll make sure to tell your special someone you love them. And, if you need a few special ideas for how to spend the day, here’s some of the top suggestions I’ve received from Pinterest, friends and around the web. Enjoy and let us know how it goes…well…the G rated version of course!
- 24 Notes to Say “I Love You”, Make a Homemade “You’re Hot” Valentine’s Day Card, Get All “Tied” in Knots, and more with these ideas from the Dating Divas
- Top 20 Romantic Movies for Valentine’s Day Dates from Blissfully Domestic
- The 12 “Lays” of Valentine’s Day from Love Actually
- Nifty Date Ideas Top 10 Dates
- Active yet Romantic Valentine’s Day Dates
- Inspiration for a Romantic Valentine’s Dinner at Home
- 15 Cheap Valentine’s Day Dates
- Play a Random Love Game of Hearts
- Valentine’s Day Ideas for Your Hubby from Women Living Well
Happy Valentine’s Day!