I admit it. My hubs and I are just not that into Valentine’s Day. One, the line at any restaurant is usually out-the-door long. Two, prices on anything remotely “romantic” costs at least twice as much as it will in March. And three, if we decide that we want to go on a Valentine’s date that means that someone else won’t because they will be watching our girls. It just doesn’t seem fair. So, we usually do something at home, like a romantic dinner, a movie night, or wii battle. But this year, we are actually going to go out and do something because Valentine’s Day is on a Saturday!
[bctt tweet=”20 Valentine’s Day Date Night Ideas because V-day is on Saturday this year!”]
You can’t tell I’m excited, or anything, can you? Ha! Are you as excited as I am that Valentine’s Day is on a Saturday? I mean, having a holiday like this on a weekend opens up a whole list of opportunities that you might not otherwise have time for if Valentine’s Day were on a weekday. With that said, here are 20 date ideas that are just perfect for this weekend!
20 Valentine’s Day Date Ideas Because It’s on a Saturday!
- Go out for breakfast instead of supper. Different can be good.
- Spend the night at a hotel because the next day ISN’T a work day.
- Go for a hike. The weather is supposed to be great!
- Take a day trip to someplace in your state you’ve always wanted to see but never seem to have the time.
- Go for a walk in the park and maybe even swing on the swings or enjoy a picnic.
- Go dream shopping. I know people who dream shop for houses, others who dream shop for cars, and still others who dream shop for Christmas presents. Dream shop or window shop for whatever you both enjoy. It doesn’t cost a thing!
- Volunteer somewhere together. Around here the Food Bank is always looking for Saturday volunteers to sort cans.
- Visit a local zoo or museum you both enjoy.
- Go wildlife watching or hunting. You can learn a lot about each other in the quietness of the moment.
- Go rollerblading, ice skating, or skiing. You have all day to enjoy it!
- Go flea market shopping and find something you can restore together.
- Visit the dog park with your dog.
- Spend the day at the beach.
- Go rock climbing.
- Go camping and/or enjoy a bonfire lunch of hotdogs and marshmallows.
- Spend an afternoon at the arcade playing pool, table hockey, or a friendly game of PacMan.
- Visit a library or bookstore and read books together.
- Paint ceramics or build something together.
- Take a ferry ride or a day cruise.
- Go fly a kite.
[bctt tweet=”Which would you rather do this Valentine’s Day: Go out for breakfast? Or, take a walk in the park?”]
So which activity will we be doing on Saturday? We are going to be doing #1 for sure and maybe #5 and #20 too. Who knows–we will just wait to see how the day goes. I think it’s going to be in the mid to upper 60’s here in Oklahoma (a rare February temperature for sure) so we will probably milk the outdoor weather for all it’s worth.