There is one mom and pop diner in our town that I will forever consider my favorite Italian restaurant on the basis of one dish–three cheese pasta. I have never had anything else like it until I found this recipe which comes pretty close. If you like spaghetti but are looking for a little special kick, try this recipe out for taste. It’s easy to make and makes great leftovers. Enjoy!
Three Cheese Chicken Penne Pasta Bake
Course: Main Course
- 1 box multi-grain penne pasta uncooked
- 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh basil
- 56 oz. spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes drained
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1⁄4 c. graded Parmesan Cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Cook and stir chicken and basil in a large non-stick skillet on medium-high heat until cooked through.
- Add spaghetti sauce and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Simmer 3 minutes. Stir in cream cheese.
- Drain pasta mixture; return to pan. Stir in chicken mixture and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Spoon into a large casserole dish.
- Bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 5 minutes.