My First Amazing Journey Around the World
Recommended Course Supplies
While not required, the following items are highly recommended for this course*.
- 1 travel journal/notebook per student (a composition notebook or single subject notebook work well too)
- 1″ binder per student for storing all printed material and worksheets
- Crayola Model Magic White Clay
- Wall Map, Student World Atlas, or World Map Fabric Panel (We use this panel beneath a clear plastic table cloth on our table for easy reference).
- 1 Passport per student (You can download one here or buy one here.) Note: If you order, Passport to the World, as listed below, a passport is included with the book.
- 1 set flag stickers per student for each country we visit (You can make your own here or buy some here)
The following books are also highly recommended as they will be referred to often throughout the course*.
- Missionary Stories with the Millers by Mildred A. Martin
- Passport to the World: Your A to Z Guided Language Tour by Craig Froman
- Window on the World by Daphne Spraggett
The following books are not used in this course but would be a great addition to any library of a geography student. They also make great coffee-table reading material*.
- A School Like Mine by DK Publications
- A Life Like Mine by DK Publications
- Material World by Peter Menzel
- The Usborne Book of Famous Paintings
- The Usborne Famous Composers Reference Book
- The Usborne Encyclopedia of World Religions
- Usborne Flap Book: See Inside Famous Palaces
- Usborne Geography Encyclopedia
- Usborne Living World Encyclopedia
- Usborne Lift-the-Flap Picture Atlas
- Usborne Children’s Picture Atlas
- Usborne Great Animal Search
- Usborne Stories from Around the World
- Usborne Illustrated Fables from Around the World