Around here we like fast and healthy lunches. If it can be made in less than 10 minutes (and it’s good for you), we are all about it. That said, here are 10 of our favorite go-to lunch ideas.
10 Fast Lunch Ideas
- Nachos–A few tortilla chips topped with cheese and served with fresh salsa is always a hit. Add in some fresh fruit, and the girls are set.
- Topless Avocado Toast--I got this idea from The Food Babe, but basically, it is one slice of gluten free bread, toasted, topped with dijon mustard, 1/2 an avocado sliced, and a handful of sprouts. We usually have it with fresh fruit and our favorite chips or veggies. While the kids don’t like this as much as I do, it has quickly become one of my favorite lunches.
- A Salad--Fresh chopped romaine or spinach topped with chopped grilled chicken from the night before, sliced strawberries, sliced avocado, and/or chopped nuts served with olive oil and vinegar or a homemade salad dressing.
- Cottage cheese–Cottage cheese, crackers, and fresh fruit can be ready in a couple of minutes.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich–We can’t get rid of this staple around here. It’s my hubby’s favorite lunch, and the girls really like when I cut their sandwiches into different shapes. Add in the fact that we now have homemade strawberry jam, and it has definitely become a lunch regular. Serve with fresh fruit and veggies.
- Topless Peanut Butter and Honey Sandwich--If it’s not a peanut butter and jelly day, most like it will be a topless peanut butter and honey sandwich day. Why topless? Because the girls like to swirl the honey on top of the peanut butter with their fingers. Ha! I can’t say that we are the most proper lunch eaters, but it sure tastes good!
- Soup–Soup is great prepared ahead of time in the crock pot or frozen and reheated later. We have a whole host of favorite soups we like to cook throughout the year.
- Freezer meals–I love making meals that can be frozen into individual servings. It makes for great and fast lunches later. One of our favorites is Homemade Hamburger Helper.
- Cheesy Noodles–My girls love this one. They could probably have cheesy noodles nearly every day if I let them. While we have bought the boxed version on occasion, our favorite is this homemade recipe.
- Leftovers–I can’t discount leftovers. Spaghetti pie and homemade pizza are just a couple of our favorite leftover meals, but almost all of these taste great the second time as well.