A few years ago I underwent allergy testing due to some severe headaches. The result–a HUGE list of food allergies. For a period of time I was very limited in my food possibilities and was often left craving something sweet and bulky…until I found this recipe. I loved it because it fed that sugar craving but without the sugar…or the butter…or the gluten…or the…well you get the idea.
Recently, I was trying to find something to calm my sugar craving again without resorting to the sugar bowl and remembered this recipe. I have to say though that this recipe is totally addicting because when Peanut and I made it, our whole family ate the entire batch in one day! I know, but hey, we had a great fiber count that day! LOL. All that to say, have fun baking.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 1 c. raisins
- 1⁄2 c. chopped dates
- 3⁄4 c. chopped nuts (or coconut or more raisins)
- 2 eggs well-beaten (optional, but recommended)
- 1 tsp. soda
- 1⁄2 c. chopped apple
- 1 c. water
- 1⁄2 c. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. flour (if you have a gluten allergy I recommend using brown rice flour)
- Boil raisins, dates, and apple in water for 3 minutes.
- Add oil, then cool.
- Add rest of ingredients with nuts last.
- Mix well and refrigerate until well-chilled.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Keep in refrigerator.