Does your family like to play card games? Are you looking for a new way to practice those multiplication tables at home so that it isn’t a chore? I don’t know about you, but around here we like to make learning fun whenever possible and card games are a big way we do this. Thus, it only seemed natural that we try out a NEW card game called HoliMaths X.Make learning those multiplication tables fun with HoliMaths X!Click To Tweet
About HoliMaths X
HoliMaths X is an innovative card game for ages 7 and up that aims to make the learning of multiplication tables fun through the use of game-play, logical thinking and social interaction.
You may notice in the images on this post that the box is in Spanish since it was first developed in South America. However, the games are not language dependent and English instructions (and video) are available as well.
Benefits of HoliMaths X
So why play Holimaths X besides the fact that it helps with multiplation?
- First and foremost, it’s fun! I know that sounds like a copout, but believe it or not, my girls actually asked to take HoliMaths X with us on vacation last week to play in our cabin. Yes, they enjoy it that much.
- Playing HoliMaths X encourages family time. Instead of just sending my girls to practice flashcards we are all engaging in the learning together and having fun along the way.
- This game can be played by the whole family since it includes a solution card (or cheat sheet) for those that might need it (like my 5 year old). Tip: If you have littles, you may want to consider letting them use a cardboard cardboard box to hide their cards in as it can be a lot of cards for little hands to hold. Or, you could try one of these fancy ideas for a card holder too.
- HoliMaths X is backed by a lot of support. Don’t understand how to play after reading the instructions? There is a video for that (which I recommend watching by the way as it helped us a whole lot in learning how to get started and strategize). Lose some of the cards? Tell them, and they will send you some extras free of charge, no questions asked.
- HoliMaths X allows you to isolate learning to specific times tables. Working on 5’s,and 6’s? With only two players you can pull those game card sets out and have more than enough cards for play. HoliMaths X just suggests one set of times tables per player participating. That’s it.
- It reinforces times tables through the 12’s. Too often flashcards stop at the 10’s but this game actually includes multiplication facts up to the 12×12.
- There are ten ways to play the game! Multiply that by the set of cards provided, and you could literally play over a 100 different versions of this game. Conclusion? Boredom is definitely not an option.
- HoliMaths X is a strategy game. For those that enjoy strategy games or those who want to try to incorporate more logic training in their curriculum, HoliMaths X is a great way to do this as players will be getting faster at their multiplication facts all while building up their winning strategy.
- HoliMaths X uses color coding to help players learn their times tables. For those who learn by visual cues like my youngest, this is oh so helpful!
How to Get Holimaths X
Thanks in part to the benefits of the game, we have now added HoliMaths to our weekly game stash, and look forward to playing it quite frequently. Our hope? By the end of the school year we will be multiplication experts without even trying! Want to join us?
On Tuesday, HoliPlay launched a new KickStarter campaign which provides you a unique opportunity to get this educational resource. Check their website out to learn more and/or to order.
You can also enter in the giveaway below for your chance to one a copy of HoliMaths X FREE! Note: If you buy the product (in kickstarter) and win the giveaway, HoliPlay will refund your money!
Make learning those multiplication tables easy this year with a fun multiplication game for the whole family!
More About HoliPlay
HoliPlay Games is a company that enjoys creating games with a purpose–to learn while having fun! They plan to create games for preschoolers through high school covering diverse topics such as art, geography, chemistry and more so be sure to like HoliPlay on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, G+, and YouTube to keep up with all their educational fun.