During our first year of homeschool last year, we found that the most effective supplement for us was our Morning Board. There were days we may not accomplish much else but knowing that we finished our morning board time meant we were still learning a lot. This year, thanks to a 75% off sale at Mardel, we are going to be completing My Father’s World Kindergarten with Peanut (yes, can you believe I got the basic package for less than $40?!). We are very excited about this option and think it will be a great fit for her following the Encompass Preschool Curriculum.
That said, I still wanted to created some morning board cards to go along with the My Father’s World Curriculum so we maintain our home base. And, I also wanted to be begin teaching Peanut some sign language. As such, we designed our morning board for this year to be as follows for each week:
- 1-Biblical Concept Card
- 1-Memory Verse Card (with the complete verse, not a compact rendering)
- 1-Alphabet Symbol Card
- 1-Poetry Card (with optional poems to complete each week in addition to the few recommended by My Father’s World)
- 1-Skills Review Card (numbers, shapes, patterns, basic addition and subtraction problems, etc.)
- 9-Sign Language cards
Each card is replaced every 6-days (in conjunction with My Father’s World 6-day curriculum week). By the end of the year, she will learn 26 Bible Verses, 234 signs, over 100 basic addition and subtraction problems, and somewhere between 10 and 26 poems depending on her pace throughout the year. And the best thing of all is that they center around what Peanut will already be learning through My Father’s World each week.
I originally purchased my morning board or Collage Collection Hanging Display at Michael’s a little over a year ago for $8 and have loved how easy it is to switch the cards in and out each week. However, if this isn’t an option for you, you could always create O-ring packets or simply review the cards one-by-one from a stack each week and accomplish much the same effect.
All that to say, today you can download my morning board cards for My Father’s World for free! All morning board cards are formatted to be printed on 4×6 index cards.
To print cards:
- Open the morning board cards of your choice by clicking each image below.
- Select to print the document.
- In your print menu, select 4×6 as your paper size and horizontal or vertical printing depending on the card’s direction, if needed. Or, if available, select “choose paper source by PDF page size.”
- Place 4×6 index cards in your printer. Print and enjoy!
I hope these help you on your My Father’s World Kindergarten experience this year and that you enjoy using Morning Board Cards as much as we have. Most of all, have fun learning about My Father’s World. I will look forward to comparing stories this year as we embark on the journey together!