This next country is just in time for the recent cultural movie release–Ferdinand! Did you know that Picasso is from Spain? And that siestas are still taken seriously in this part of the world? I imagine you can probably guess which sport Spain is know for too. That’s right this week we are off to explore Spain!
This year we are taking a virtual trip around the world, learning about different cultures, countries, missionaries, and more. During our studies we are learning about the history of each country, its food, and even some of its history.
Below is a list of resources we used to learn more about this fascinating country. May these fun resources help your study of the Spain come alive too!Come learn about Spain's culture, history, composers & food in these fun-filled geography lessons!Click To Tweet
Engaging Geography Resources to Explore Spain
- Never Say a Mean Word Again: A Tale from Medieval Spain by Jacqueline Jules and Durga Yael Bernhard
- Building on Nature: The Life of Antonio Gaudi by Rachel Rodriguez
- The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf and Robert Lawson
- Adventures of Don Quixote by Argentina Palacios
- Who Was Pablo Picasso? by True Kelley
- Picasso and the Girl with the Ponytail by Laurence Anholt