It really doesn’t take much to homeschool preschoolers. In fact, much of what they need you can find around the house…dry beans, old magazines, paper, crayons, etc. However, if I had to choose only 10 must haves for homeschooling preschool, these items would reach the top of the list every time. In fact, several of these items, such as the easel, sandpaper letters, play dough and blocks have even been statistically proven to increase a cognitive development and coordination, something that is vital for a quality preschool experience. So without further ado, my 10 must haves for homeschooling preschool.
1. Melissa and Doug Deluxe Standing Easel and Accessory Kit
2. Scotch Thermal Laminator 2 Roller System
3. Do-a-Dot Markers
4. Sandpaper Uppercase, Lowercase, and Numerals
5. Wooden Alphabet Blocks
6. Pattern Blocks
7. Play Dough
*Tip: Save money by making your own homemade play dough.
8. Double Sided Lined Dry Erase Board
9. A Calendar and Weather Chart
Tip: If you don’t have a wall to give, make a calendar journal.