I don’t know about your family, but my family loves pizza. They would easily eat pizza every week if I’d let them. While we sometimes eat it out, most of the time we have it at home because the recipe I am about to share is THAT good. Before this recipe I used to fix a wheat pizza crust which was always okay (but a little dry). However, once we had this variation, Goose asks me to make it every time. Top that with a cheap homemade pizza sauce and we’ve got a yummy meal for pennies on the dollar. Add a salad and you’re set. Enjoy!
- 1 c. tomato sauce
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1 1⁄4 tsp. sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1⁄8 tsp. basil
- 1⁄4 tsp. oregano
- Dash black pepper
- Mix and use as store-bought pizza sauce.
Best Pizza Crust
- 4 cups baking flour or all purpose
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons instant dry yeast
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix all these ingredients into a bowl and stir them together until a sticky dough is formed. Cover the bowl with a moist kitchen towel and let the dough rise in a warm area for about 30 minutes.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured area and knead with your hands about 5 to 10 times. Roll the dough to about one half inch thick and top with sauce and your desired pizza toppings. You will want to bake this pizza crust for about 15 to 18 minutes. Set your oven to 375 degrees F.