This last week we had a potluck dinner at our church for the whole family. It being nearly summer break in our area I decided it was time to pull out some of our favorite summer recipes–Dirt and Sand Desserts. Such fun!
I never will forget the first time I served Dirt. I had washed a flower pot and placed the Dirt inside. Then, I washed some fake greenery and placed it in the Dirt for our centerpiece. How astonished our guests were when I removed the greenery to reveal dessert. They thought the Dirt was…well, dirt. Ha!
This time, for that added summer flair, we washed and served the Dirt and Sand in sand pails with sand shovels instead. It was definitely a kid-friendly hit.
By the way, for those of you who enjoy a little more sophisticated flair, this dessert is also fabulous in a crystal dish topped with fresh sliced strawberries. Totally yum! Enjoy!
Dirt and Sand Dessert
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 10 min
- 1 lg pkg. instant vanilla banana or chocolate pudding
- 3 1⁄2 c. milk
- 12 oz. cream cheese softened
- Large Cool Whip
- 1 box vanilla wafers or 1¼ lb. oreos
- Mix pudding and milk. Let set.
- Fold in cream cheese and Cool Whip.
- Crunch cookies in food processor until consistency desired.
- Layer cookies and filling alternately.
- Serve in sand bucket with shovel or flower pot with spade. Fake flowers, yummy worms, or freshly sliced strawberries optional.
So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31