Crispy Garlic-Thyme Chicken
Course: Main Course
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper ground
- 1 tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 tsp. butter
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- 3. Heat skillet over high heat. When pan is hot add grapeseed oil.
- 4. When oil is just below the smoking point, carefully place the chicken in the pan. Immediately shake the pan to keep the chicken from sticking.
- 5. Cook chicken over medium heat, turning, until the skin turns light brown.
- 6. Place skillet on the lowest rack of the oven. Cook for approximately 10 minutes. The skin should be golden brown.
- 7. Pull the pan out of the oven and put back on the burner over medium heat. Smash the garlic cloves with the palm of your hand and add to skillet as well as the thyme. Add the butter. Flip the chicken carefully to baste . Continue for 1 minute.
- 8. Remove the chicken to a resting rack or plate. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
My soul will be filled as with rich foods. And my mouth praises You with lips of joy. Psalm 63:5