Ever have one of those days when you want kid food but with a grown up taste? I guess that is how I would describe today’s delicious meal. No, it’s probably not the most healthy of the bunch, but it is definitely a yummy comfort food that reminds me of the good ol’ Sonic Tater Tot days at a fraction of the cost and calories.
We’ve made this several times and love it. Add some veggies and the meal is complete. Not only that, it makes a great gift meal for families with children. It’s hard to go wrong with meat, tater tots and cheese. Yum! Enjoy!
Course: Main Course
- 2 lb. hamburger or ground turkey
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 pkg. tator tots
- 3 cups cheddar cheese grated
- salt and pepper
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. In skillet, brown hamburger and onion. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Place half the tater tots in 9×13 sprayed casserole dish. Cover with meat mixture. Layer 2 cups cheese.
- 4. Combine soup and milk. Pour over casserole. Cover with remaining tater tots. Top with 1 cup cheese. Bake for 45 minutes or until casserole is heated through.