I’m very excited to announce to you a new blog feature that starts TODAY! This year I’ve teamed up with Living on Love and Cents to bring a bi-weekly feature called “Dating on a Dime.” If you’re looking for some new and exciting ways to improve your date life or spend more time with your hubby then this feature is for you. So without further ado…
For many individuals, January marks the time to evaluate last year’s progress and plan for the New Year’s successes. Many of the blogs I read are filled with posts stating resolutions, goals, hopes, and dreams for the New Year. And of course, many of these goals are centered on fitness, weight loss, and exercise.
- We were doing something together.
- We got to talk while we did it.
- It didn’t cost us anything extra to do.
- We felt good about our bodies and our relationship when we were done.
Need some ideas to give your New Year’s fitness and relationship resolutions a boost? Try some of these out:
- Go biking around the park or if you need some extra motivation, bike to the donut shop and back. I’m sure you’ll burn whatever calories you ate on your donut date as you pedal back home.
- Take a twilight walk around your neighborhood.
- Go for a morning run before the kids get up.
- Pursue a gym membership (or if you are not sure you want to commit, take advantage of their trial offer). Once there, take advantage of the child care they provide and enjoy the time working out side-by-side.
- Get some rackets and play tennis at a nearby school.
- Go for a hike if you live near some trails.
- Go play racquetball at a gym. Some will let you rent on a per-visit basis.
- Go sledding together, if you live in a snowy area.
- Do a workout video together in your home. My hubby and I did the p90x videos for awhile and it gave us something new to talk and laugh about even when we weren’t exercising.