I don’t know about your kids but my kids LOVE getting something in the mail. Magazines…letters…packages…it’s doesn’t matter as long as it comes in the mail and is addressed to them. Thus, they were super excited when a series of Fun for Kidz magazines came in the mail. I placed these kids magazines on the coffee table, and didn’t hear anything from them for hours…literally!
The next week, when we went on our family vacation I stuffed those magazines and their iPods in a bag for the trip and again, the magazines won out over the iPod games! In fact, I don’t think they got their iPods out once during the trip except to listen to some music.
See Inside Fun for Kidz Magazines
We have enjoyed these magazines so much I just had to show you inside so you can get a taste what a great resource they are…
5 Reasons We Like Fun for Kidz Magazines
- They are ad-free. You don’t have to worry about your kids seeing an advertisement for something they do not need, or you wish they had not been exposed too.
- They contain NO teen material. Yes, you can finally share a magazine with your kids that doesn’t talk about dating, the opposite sex, or other topics you may wish to protect your child from.
- They contain NO violence. Everything is G rated so you know what your kids are reading is safe for their minds and their hearts.
- They contain fantastic non-fiction themes. Each magazine is centered around a specific theme which means they are a great resource to keep on the shelf for an extended time and bring back out when studying a relevant topic. By the way, you can also order past issues if you know Fun for Kidz has already published a magazine about a certain topic you are studying right now!
- They contain FUN stuff. Not only are there neat articles to read, there are also fun games and puzzles to play, comics and poems to review and more. Right now, my girls’ love the comics and like finding all the fun pictures in the search and find pages, but I could easily see them getting into the Sudoku and Crossword puzzles as they grow a little older.
Which Magazine Would I Subscribe to First?
That is a hard question. First, a little background. Fun for Kidz magazine puts out three different publications.
Fun for Kidz
Hopscotch for Girls
Quest for Boys
Each publication is actually very similar in style. The main difference is that you will find more pictures and topics relevant to the typical boy in Quest (such as fishing, men heroes, gross insects, and images of boys), more topics relevant to the typical girl in Hopscotch (such as princesses, women heroes, and images of girls), and a combination in Fun for Kidz.
What are we going with this year? We will probably go with a subscription to Hopscotch for Girls since we have all girls in our family, but if you have another combination of kids in your family you can order one magazine to fit YOUR family makeup!
How to Get a Fun for Kidz Magazine
Okay, now comes the fun part that I just couldn’t wait to share. Order between now and December 15th and you can 2 subscriptions for the price of 1. Use the code ihomeschool to get 50% your entire order* when you order 2 subscriptions!
Shout to grandparents–this would make an AWESOME gift for the grandkids this Christmas. It’s a gift that would keep on giving throughout the year and requires very little wrapping. I mean who doesn’t like fun mail?
But hurry, this code is only good through December 15, 2015!
To learn more or get started ordering, visit Fun for Kidz Magazine.
*Note: Postage outside of the US is not included in this special offer. However, this discount does apply to both annual subscriptions AND back issues included in your order when two annual subscriptions are included.
While you are at it, don’t forget to like them on Facebook where they will share updates on their latest releases as well as occasional relevant videos!