“The hills are alive with the sound of music….” Yes, this week we are off to the country where that well-known song was first sung high on a mountain top. We are off to explore Austria.
This year we are taking a virtual trip around the world, learning about different cultures, countries, missionaries, and more. During our studies we are learning about the history of each country, its food, and even some of its history.
Below is a list of resources we used to learn more about this fascinating country. May these fun resources help your study of the Austria come alive too!Come learn about Austria's culture, history, composers & food in these fun-filled geography lessons!Click To Tweet
Engaging Geography Resources for the Study of Austria
- Look What Came from Austria by Kevin A. Davis
- The Star of Kazan by Eva Ibbotson
- Who Was Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart? by Yona Zeldis McDonough and Carrie Robbins
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart by Mike Venezia
- The Farewell Symphony by Anna Harwell Celenza and Joann E. Kitchel
- Complete this worksheet on Austria
- Color the Austria flag
- Try making and eating an Austrian dish for supper
- Watch the complete version of the Sound of Music
- Learn more about Mozart on Classics for Kids
- Learn more about other composers from Austria on Sphinx Kids