Have a new mom in your circles this year? Not sure what to give her for Christmas? Here are 10 gift ideas for a new mom that are sure to be well-received.
- A spa gift card for a massage, manicure, or pedicure. After having a baby and/or carrying one around for several months nothing seems to spell relaxation as much as a good massage for those sore muscles!
- A babysitting voucher. Would you be willing to babysit the little one for a couple hours so mom can sleep, shop, go on a date with the hubs, or just get out of the house? Create a voucher to tell how many hours you are willing to babysit as well as the best possible times for her to inquire about your services.
- A gift card to a favorite restaurant. Having just one night in which she doesn’t have to cook and care for a baby would be such a blessing. Like to cook more? Make her some frozen dishes she can get from the freezer at her convenience. Be sure to ask if there are any food allergies in the family first.
- Pamper products. The ideas are endless here…lotions, bubble bath, bath salts, nail polish, a favorite perfume, a pedicure set…you name it.
- Essential oils. Why not give her something that both has health benefits and smells good too! My favorites as a new mom? Gentle baby, lavender, peppermint, stress away, and thieves please.
- A gift card to her favorite clothing shop. Clothes just fit different after you become a mom and a new wardrobe often becomes a must. Having a clothing store gift card might make it more enticing to begin that new wardrobe.
- A Nursing Scarf. If she is a nursing mom, she will enjoy the versatility a nursing scarf provides as it is a cute accessory as well as a convenient cover-up when breastfeeding in public.
- Get creative with a goodie bag. There are a lot of options here, but a reusable water bottle, chocolate, lip gloss, and a favorite magazine all make great little goodies for a new mom.
- An iTunes gift card or new CD of her favorite artist. Oh the power of music! Give her something she can download and listen to when she’s trying her hardest to stay awake for that 2 a.m. feeding.
- Keepsake items. It might be a handmade item, a journal for her to write her memories in, or personalized jewelry with the name of her new little one on it. Whatever the case, keepsake items are sure to be a treasure for a long time to come.
Finally, don’t underestimate the power of a personal letter telling her things you admire about her. After having a baby, it often takes a bit for a mom’s self-esteem to return as her body has gone through some major changes. Encourage her for who she is now despite what her body may be doing.
What else do you consider great gifts for new moms? Share in the comments below!
*For more Christmas gift guides check out this amazing roundup of Christmas gift ideas from the iHomeschool Network.