Can you name three famous people from the Netherlands? Do you know the difference between Holland and the Netherlands? Or, do you know why dykes are so important to the country?
This year we are taking a virtual trip around the world, learning about different cultures, countries, missionaries, and more. Last week we studied the Netherlands. During our studies we learned about the history of the country, about some of it’s artists, and what the Dutch are most known for.
Below is a list of resources we used to learn more about this fascinating country. May these fun resources help your study of Netherlands’ geography come alive too!Come learn about Netherlands' culture, history, composers & food in these fun-filled geography lessons!Click To Tweet
Engaging Geography Resources for the Study of the Netherlands
- The Greatest Skating Race: A World War II Story from the Netherlands by Louise Borden and Niki Daly
- Boxes of Katje by Candace Fleming
- Corrie Ten Boom: Keeper of the Angels’ Den by Janet and Geoff Benge
- Corrie Ten Boom: Shining in the Darkness by Renee Meloche and Bryan Pollard
- The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom
- The Betrayer’s Fortune by Dave and Neta Jackson
- Vincent’s Colors by Vincent van Gogh
- Vincent van Gogh by Brad Bucks and Joan Holub
- Rembrandt and the Boy Who Drew Dogs by Molly Blaisdell and Nancy Lane
- The Yellow House by Martin Gayford
- The Netherlands are known for their dutch girls and their windmills. Color this page as a reminder of your visit to the country.
- Color Netherlands’ flag
- Learn more about the Netherlands on this website
- Watch the movie Heidi
What other amazing resources for the Netherlands would you add to this list? Share in the comments below!
You May Also Find These Helpful