In the summer we like to grill…a lot. And not just meat! In fact, here are 5 things we really like to grill BESIDES MEAT.
- Baked potatoes. Wash the potatoes, coat lightly with olive oil, shake a little sea salt on the skins and then wrap in foil. Just this week we cooked some very large potatoes and they were finished cooking within about an hour. Be sure to rotate the potatoes every 15 minutes or so for best results.
- Zucchini. This is my FAVORITE way to have zucchini. Slice the zucchini lengthwise about 1/4″ thick, sprinkle with a little olive, salt and pepper, and grill lightly (for about 5 minutes on either side). Yum!
- Quesadillas. After having quesadillas made on the grill I will never make them at home any other way. Place sliced, cooked chicken, cheese, and veggies of your choice on a flour tortilla. Top it with another flour tortilla and stick the quesadilla directly on the grill. Grill 3-5 minutes on each side before serving.
- Corn on the cob. To grill the corn, you can either leave the husk on OR de-husk the corn and wrap the corn in foil. Either works. Personally, I like to remove the husk when the corn is cold rather than hot so I usually use the foil. Grill for about 20 minutes and serve.
- Portabello mushrooms. Marinate the mushrooms in balsamic vinegar for 30 minutes or more prior to grilling. Grill and serve as you would a hamburger.