This summer we are looking forward to a LOT of outdoor time (if these Oklahoma storms ever stop gracing us with their presence). So what all do we hope to do? Here’s a look at what we plan on accomplishing this summer.
Our Summer Curriculum Plan
While we definitely want to take a break from most of our school work, this summer the girls will be spending a few minutes a day working on a coin unit and listening to a read aloud. We just finished Understood Betsy (a fabulous read) and are now on to Peter and Wendy (aka Peter Pan). We can’t wait to finish it so we can watch the movie!
Our Summer Bucket List
In addition to taking it light with the actual school work, we want to spend as much time as possible outdoors and other places in which we can explore new things. Thus our summer bucket list looks something like this:
- visit the local nature park
- check out at least three local splash pads
- swim in the local pool
- visit the library weekly
- attend at least two park play dates a month with some friends
- go to the zoo at least once a month
- watch two children’s plays put on by local homeschool students
- swim at the local beach
- visit the botanical gardens
- tour the Tiger Safari and Braum’s Farm in Tuttle, OK
- go bowling
- go to the Jasmine Moran Children’s Museum in Seminole, OK
- go to two Vacation Bible Schools at grandparents’ churches
- get wet at least one time each week
And what else do we plan on doing? Deeping cleaning a few closets and cabinets, exercising extra to make up for time lost during the school year (ha), finishing lesson plans for the 2015-2016 school year (more on this coming soon), and playing some fun board games!