This week I am very excited to be attended my first national homeschool conference! Being from Oklahoma we have a pretty good local convention as far as state conventions go, but very few national opportunities. So for this journey I am excited to be heading south to Dallas, Texas for this final Teach Them Diligently Conference of the year.
Teach Them Diligently Conferences are known for their strong discipleship emphasis in both home education and parent training. I’ve heard testimony after testimony where parents left feeling encouraged both spiritually and mentally so that they were ready to come back and put all they learned into practice. We start back with our homeschool in a little less than a month and I still feel like I am playing catch up from last year so I am definitely looking forward to this much needed refreshment.
But why exactly and I so excited about this particular conference that I actually write about it on Cornerstone Confesssions? Well here’s just 5 reasons I can’t wait to go!
5 Reasons I am Excited about Going to Teach Them Diligently Dallas
- The opportunity to meet some famous authors whom I adore. The first one is Crystal Paine who is the author of the Money Saving Mom’s Budget, 21 Days to a More Disciplined Life, and Say Goodbye to Survival Mode, all books I highly recommend often. The second are authors of the widely acclaimed book Trim Healthy Mama, Pearl P. Barrett and Serene C. Allison, a book I’ve recently read and been surprisingly amazed by the knowledge contained therein.
- The opportunity to meet and have coffee with some dear blogging friends of the iHomeschool Network–Amy Roberts of Raising Arrows, Kendra Fletcher of Preschoolers and Peace, Marlene Griffith of A Diligent Heart, Amber Oliver of Classic Housewife, and Jennifer A. James of JenniferAJames.Com. I communicate with these ladies often but have never had the opportunity to meet them in person so putting a face with a name is definitely going to be fun!
- The opportunity to share my new two-sided business cards created by my dear friend and designer of Amy J. Delightful. I mean check these out–are they not cute?!
- The exhibit hall! I’ve actually looked through the entire list of exhibitors and have a HUGE list of venders I can’t wait to visit. A few of my faves–KIT Naturals, SEEDS Family Worship, and the Rainbow Resource Center. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. I actually have nearly 30 vendors I can’t wait to check out. I just hope my wallet and I have the self-control to choose our purchases wisely!
- The hotel room for one. That’s right. I am going by myself! I haven’t taken a trip like this on my own since I’ve gotten married. Can I just say I am actually excited about the possibility of a little peace and quiet for a few evenings? 😉
Are you going to be at Teach Them Diligently Dallas?
If so, email me or leave a comment so we can try to connect. I’d love to meet you there!