If you have been on social media for any length of time and have a smart phone or tablet then you are probably aware of many of the social media apps available. However, there may be a couple of these that might catch you by surprise. As such, here are the top 10 social media apps on my phone. My hope–you’ll find one or two new ones that you might want to give a try too!
My Top 10 Social Media Apps
- Facebook Pages Manager–This app is great for keeping up with the latest stats on your Facebook fan pages. While the Facebook app does great for providing notifications of your personal Facebook profile, the Facebook Pages app provides notifications and statistics for your Facebook pages.
- Buffer for Twitter and Facebook–I probably would not post much at all on Twitter were it not for the Buffer app. Buffer allows me to schedule my tweets for optimal views instead of bombarding my followers all at once. Pair it with Tweriod for your best buffer times and you have a well-oiled machine for much greater Twitter success. I’ve also been known to use it to post on Facebook occasionally but have much better luck statistically if I post directly to Facebook. Thus, this is primarily a Twitter service in my book.
- Echofon–I am one who is not a big fan of the Twitter app which is why I use Echofon. Echofon allows me to quickly see my mentions, messages, and list notifications. I can also retweet via Buffer with this app which is a big bonus.
- Google+–G+ is the social media platform I currently interact with more than any other. As such, the Google+ app is what has allowed me to not just post content but also stay up-to-date and interactive in my G+ communities.
- Instagram–This app is just fun. It makes posting up-to-date pictures to Facebook or Twitter so easy. Paired with iWatermark or another Instagram enhancing app, I love sharing about our daily life “in the moment.”
- Feedly–Where would I be without Feedly?! With Feedly I can check my RSS feed, anytime, anywhere. And then, at my convenience, I can go on my computer and schedule all my favorites via Buffer, DoShare (a Chrome extension), Ahalogy, and the like .
- LinkedIn–This is the ONLY way I keep up with LinkedIn. If it wasn’t for LinkedIn notifications, I would probably be a ghost in the LinkedIn world.
- Pinterest–I use this app to look up recipes, organization tips, and more that I’ve previously pinned. As my favorite social media, I use this app lots!
- Skype–Several of my relatives do not have the convenience of FaceTime so this free service has allowed uncles and aunts and grandmas and grandpas to talk to their nieces and granddaughters. I don’t know what our girls would do without it.
- Static–Static provides me with all my social media stats at a glance…how many Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube followers as well as how many blog followers. Makes for a super easy checkup on my once a month stats check-in.
What are your favorite Social Media apps?
Have any out of the usual that you find especially helpful? Then please share! I’d love to about some even more amazing apps out there!
Take it to the next level with these resources:
- 20 Top Social Media iPhone Apps on Socialable
- My Social Media Pinterest Board which includes tips for everything from Instagram to G+ and more.
This post is the 6th of 12 in the 144 Plan to Social Media Smarts. To learn more about the 144 Plan or catch up on a missed post, check out the complete 144 Plan Training Log.
The friend loves at all times, but a brother is born for adversity. (Proverbs 17:17)