Confession: Today’s topic is probably one of the most challenging personal goals for me in 2014. It’s not because I don’t want to pray for my husband but that I often get distracted. I confess, there are plenty of occasions these days when I pray that my mind is left wondering what to pray, sleep prevails, or else my mind wanders to something else I need to be doing on my day’s checklist.
Yet, if there is one thing you can do to impact your husband more than any other, it’s prayer. YOU can’t change your husband. But GOD can. YOU can’t help your husband overcome whatever obstacles he’s facing. But GOD can. YOU can’t change your husband’s heart. But GOD can. GOD. CAN.
Praying is a discipline. For some its easier than others. For me, at this stage in my life, it’s a challenge. That’s why I have come to appreciate prayer guides to help me stay focused and intentional with my prayer time when life swirls around me. My hope is that one or more of these prayer guides below will help you in much the same way as you strive to intentionally love your man through prayer.
7 Ways You Can Pray for Your Husband in the Next 7 Days
- Wisdom for life and decisions being made
- His emotional, mental, and physical health
- The Lord’s blessing, enthusiasm, and enablement in his rolls
- His salvation and/or spiritual growth
- His love, courage, and sensitivity as the spiritual leader of the family
- His physical and mental purity
- Faithfulness with his time, talents, and money
Online Resources to Help You Pray for Your Husband
There are lots of resources out there to help you pray for your husband. While it all really begins with the heart, you may find these online guides helpful when beginning your prayer journey.
- 31 Days of Praying for Your Husband on Revive Our Hearts
- 31 Days of Praying for Your Husband on True Woman
- Pray for Your Husband Daily (a 30-day Guide) on Women Living Well
- 10 Prayers for Your Husband on Flourish
- Revive Your Marriage–Pray for Your Husband on Auntie Em’s Guide to Life
- 10 Prayers for My Husband on Raychel Chumley
Books to Help You Pray for Your Husband
Are you more of a paperback kind of girl? If so, check out some of these books on prayer. The first one is one of my all-time favorites.
The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian
Praying God’s Word for Your Husband by Kathi Lipp
Praying for Your Husband from Head to Toe by Sharon Jaynes
Loving Your Spouse Through Prayer by Cheri Fuller
The Power of Prayer to Change Your Marriage by Stormie Omartian
What else might you pray for your husband? Or, what other resources have you found helpful when praying for your husband?
Share them in the comments and encourage others along the way.
Take it to the next level with these resources:
- Intentional Marriage by Crystal Brothers
- The Irresistable Husband by Jason Gratehouse
- My Hubby Lovin’ Pinterest Board which includes links to even more prayer guides for your husband as well as other marital encouragement.
This post is the 4th of 12 in the 144 Plan to a Memorable Marriage. To learn more about the 144 Plan or catch up on a missed post, check out the complete 144 Plan Training Log.
For this reason I say to you, whatever you pray and ask for, believe that you have received it, and it will be done for you. (Mark 11:24)