If you are not familiar with Google Chrome at this point, you should. It is quickly becoming the most popular web browser and with good reason–it’s faster, safer, and presents a clean user-friendly interface. What I particularly like about Google Chrome are the Chrome Extensions or features you can add to give you easy access to information you want without cluttering your screen. They are fabulous! All that to say, here are my 10 favorite extensions that I use as a blogger.
10 Great Google Chrome Extensions for Bloggers
(listed in no particular order)
- Evernote Web Clipper–I use Evernote to keep track of blogging notes, recipes, to-do lists…you name it so this extension is great for quickly grabbing an article from the web to read later, save a recipe that I love, or even store a pdf file for future reading.
- Alexa Traffic Rank–This extension displays your Alexa Page Rank and site speed with a single click.
- WebRank SEO–Select this extension to see the number of backlinks, Alexa Rank, Google PageRank, Social Media Shares and more for a particular webpage.
- Pin It on Pinterest–If you are on Pinterest at all, this extension is a must for one-stop pinning.
- Pin with Ahalogy–I love using Ahalogy to buffer my pins and this extension lets me do it with so much ease that I don’t know how I managed without it.
- DoShare–Ever wanted to know how to schedule Google+ posts without the use of a plugin or paid service? This is it. Only catch–your browser must remain open for your scheduled posts to go live at the scheduled time.
- Google +1–A must extension if you are on Google+ (and if you are not on G+ and are a blogger, you really should be for SEO…but that is a totally different subject for a different day).
- Buffer–Use this extension to buffer your LinkedIn, Facebook, or Twitter shares.
- Yahoo or Gmail Email Checker–If you use either of these services, each checker provides several forms of mail notification as well as a one-click stop to opening your mailbox.
- Bitly–Use this extension to quickly create a bitmark if you are a Bitly user.
And if those are not enough, a few other non-blogging favorites are InvisibleHand (for automatic price comparison), PrintFriendly (to print without the interference of ads and other non-essentials), Send to Kindle (for my eBook reading), Add to Amazon Wish List (for saving my dream list as I see it), and Bible Search (for quickly searching and sharing verses from Public Domain versions of the Bible).
What are your favorite Chrome Extensions?
Got any favorites you couldn’t do without? Share away in the comments!
Take it to the next level with these resources:
- Advantages of Google Chrome Over Other Browsers on Yahoo! Voices
- Chrome Extensions Web Store
- iBlog, the Book
- My Blogging Brilliance Pinterest board.
This post is the 8th of 12 in the 144 Plan to Blogging Brilliance. To learn more about the 144 Plan or catch up on a missed post, check out the complete 144 Plan Training Log.
And by knowledge are the chambers filled with all precious and pleasant riches. Proverbs 24:4 (ASV)