Once again I’m teaming up with my fellow iHomeschool Network buddies to share with you 10 things about me in 10 weeks. Today’s topic: 10 Unexpected Benefits of Homeschooling. As someone who has been a public school teacher gone home school mom, this topic definitely put me deep into thought, but at the same time it reminded me once again why we have chosen this path for our girls thus far. If you currently home school I highly recommend sitting down and completing a similar list for yourself and if you don’t homeschool (yet) know that if it is where God is leading you and your family the benefits waaaay outweigh the apprehensions. All that to say, on with today’s list.
- Getting to watch your child(ren) “get it.”
- Seeing your children form closer friendships with each other than typically found in other school settings.
- Freedom to vacation in the off-season.
- Freedom to take a field trip to the zoo or museum when everyone else is in school.
- Knowing exactly where your child excels such that you can encourage them where they need it most.
- Freedom to enjoy balanced home-cooked lunches everyday.
- Development of social relationships with people of all ages (rather than a specific grade level) due to participation in community home school activities involving a large age range and adult activities with one’s parents.
- The joy of incorporating scripture into everything the children learn from history to science to everything in between.
- Lots of extra cuddle time.
- Lots of extra time to use their imaginations and play outdoors.
Want to link up your own top 10 list for this week’s topic? Learn more about the Ten Weeks of Top Ten Lists and how you can link up on the iHomeschool Network. While there be sure to visit some of my fellow IHN friend’s Top Ten lists to gain even more insight on this week’s Top 10 Topic.
But Jesus called them to him, saying, “Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Luke 18:16