I don’t know about you but sometimes I just want a really good home-cookin’ kind of meal but without all the added salt and fat found in some of those more traditional recipes. Today’s recipe definitely fits that bill. In fact, sometimes we even use our own homemade mashed potatoes and homemade cream of chicken soup, for added taste and health depending on how much time I have to cook. I like having both the “fast and furious” option and as well as the “I don’t mind taking the extra time” option. All that to say, here’s a delicious meal that has stood the test of time in our house and can be easily customized to your tastes. Enjoy!
Course: Main Course
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 6 oz. chopped chicken breast
- 8 oz. frozen mixed vegetables (preferably without green beans)
- 1 can low-sodium cream of chicken soup
- 1 sm. packet instant garlic mashed potatoes
- 1⁄2 c. chopped onion
- 1⁄2 c. colby and monterey jack shredded
- Make potatoes according to the package directions.
- Mix chicken, vegetables, soup, onion and ¼ c. cheese. Put into 8×8 inch pan and top with mashed potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes until heated through.
- Add ¼ c. cheese 5 minutes before taking out of oven. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31