Today’s recipe may catch some of you off guard. I remember the first time I read the ingredients I thought, “Beans in meatballs?! Really?!” Little did I know that it would quickly become my favorite kind of meatballs to make…ever! The beans not only provide a great filler, they are cheap, and they provide a great source of fiber. But really, for me, what seals the deal with this recipe is it just tastes good despite its healthy factor. I’ve used them in spaghetti and marinara sauce, served as BBQ meatballs, and even frozen them. Each time they have a flavor make them a win-win for everyone in our household. Try it. You just might be surprised too!
Course: Main Course
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans rinsed and drained
- 1 lb. extra-lean ground turkey breast
- 1 egg white beaten
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. black pepper
- 1⁄2 c. Italian bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a stand mixer.
- Form the mixture into 1-inch meatballs on a slightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Serve as desired.
Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him! Psalm 34:8