At Christmas time it always seems there’s a need for some kind of chex mix or snack mix whether it be for a party, a family gathering, or just to snack on while you’re making the “real” holiday favorites. My recent go-to snack has become this Christmas Crunch recipe. Sweet, but not too sweet. Crunchy, but also a little chewy. Peanut free, but with plenty of healthy proteins and fats from other nuts including my favorite–pecans. Probably the worst thing about it is the butter, but as Julia Child used to say, “with enough butter, anything is good.” So enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 35 min
Total Time: 45 min
- 6 c. chex cereal (any combination*)
- 2 c. original cheerios
- 2 c. flaked coconut
- 1 c. slivered almonds
- 1 c. pecan pieces
- 1 c. Craizins
- 1⁄2 c. butter melted
- 1 c. honey
- rice *For this batch we used 3 cups rice Chex and 3 cups corn Chex. Sometimes we use 2 cups each of – and
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk together butter and honey; stir into cereal mixture to coat.
- Line two 15x10x1 pans with foil or parchment paper; spray. Layer dry ingredients evenly across both pans.
- Bake 325 degrees for 30-35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool. Makes 14 cups.