Are you fan of the blue box? I don’t know what it is about the blue box, but I was beginning to think I would never eat any other kind of Mac n’ Cheese until I found this recipe. It’s so easy to prepare and really doesn’t take any longer to cook than the box if you prepare the sauce in a separate pan while the noodles cook. Not only that you get to eat REAL food and not something processed to the point you can’t even pronounce the ingredients.
Ever since finding this recipe, Peanut asks nearly every day, “Can we have some Cheesy Noodles for lunch?” She’ll even choose Cheesy Noodles over an oatmeal cookie and for my daughter that’s a BIG deal. So without further ado, here’s our new lunch time favorite. Enjoy!
Course: Side Dishes
- 1 lb. macaroni or other desired pasta, (we also like shells)
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1⁄3 c. flour
- 3 cups milk
- 3 cups shredded cheese
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- In a large saucepan cook the macaroni according to the package instructions; drain.
- While macaroni is cooking, prepare the sauce. In a separate saucepan, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour to make a paste. Slowly whisk in the milk, stirring constantly until a thick gravy is formed. Stir in the black pepper, salt, and shredded cheese.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the macaroni. Stir to coat and serve.
Did you not pour me out like milk and curdle me like cheese? Job 10:10