Once again I’m teaming up with my fellow iHomeschool Network buddies to share with you 10 things about me in 10 weeks. Today’s topic: 10 Things About Me That You Should Know. I hope you have as much fun reading these as I have writing them!
- I love organization projects but cleaning is totally another matter.
- Although some people think I’m an extrovert because of my “performance mentality” from years in the music field, when I don’t feel like I’m “on stage” I’m actually quite the recluse.
- I’m allergic to chocolate…caffeine actually, among other things, but chocolate is a biggie so don’t take offense if I pass on your chocolate offer…as good as it looks. 😉
- I went on my first date in college and my first kiss became my hubby.
- Peanut was a six week preemie (you can read the full story here) who was born before Goose and I had even been married for nine months (can we say “honeymoon baby”) so I have a large place in my heart for newlywed moms, mothers of preemies, and mothers of challenging pregnancies. If I can help, you just name it!
- I am a dog person. (pause for dramatic effect) Yes, cats are fine in your home and I may even cuddle up with one on YOUR couch but if one ever enters my home, I know my husband will seriously think I had a brain transplant.
- I grew up in a strong Christian family and accepted Christ as my Savior at the young age of 8. Since then my life has been filled with many events that have confirmed in my heart time and time again the all-knowing and all-loving power of Jesus in the everyday. From the use of people, situations, Bible verses, and even life challenges, He truly does work all things together for His glory. It’s just that sometimes we can’t see the other side yet.
- I have lived in Oklahoma all my life and am so thankful to have grown up in a place where the simplicity of life can be more easily obtained and a conservative community is often led by strong Christian leadership.
- I do not like to shop. Okay, maybe on occasion but usually I find shopping for clothes only a necessary evil.
- Secretly, I wish I would win one of those mommy makeovers. You know, the kind where the TV hosts captures the mom from her home, goes through her closet and tosses out the scary stuff and then takes her shopping to find the latest and greatest trends that make her look fabulous and buys them for her. Yeah, I know it is totally the opposite of #9 but my thinking is, then I wouldn’t have to shop anymore for a looooong time and the stuff I’d have in my closet would look great!
Want to link up your own top 10 list for this week’s topic? Learn more about the Ten Weeks of Top Ten Lists and how you can link up on the iHomeschool Network. While there be sure to visit some of my fellow IHN friend’s Top Ten lists to gain even more insight on this week’s Top 10 Topic.
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:13-14