Happy February 8th!
Did you know today’s my birthday?
Well, you would probably know that if we were BFF’s, but then, so many of you I haven’t even met yet! Just think–we could be BFF’s in the making, given a little time and God intervention. You never know….
So what would you know about this now 37 year old blogger were you my BFF? Here’s a sneak peak.
10 Things You Might Know About Me if We Were BFFs
- I love tea. One packet of Stevia and a cup of French Vanilla Rooibos please…anytime.
- I have a list of allergies a mile long but with the exception of beef, pork, caffeine, and peanuts, I have a hard time staying away from all of them. Yes, I know I need to work on self-discipline. My body knows that too. 😉
- I am an introvert. I get a thrill from the highlight of the moment, but I have to have peace and quiet afterwards to maintain my sanity. Although some only see me on a stage, I could actually enjoy being a hermit in the country with a half dozen goats about as much.
- I like to read, play the piano, and crochet, but rarely seem to find time to do them anymore.
- I am easily embarrassed. Yes, even now the blood rushes to my face at the thought of embarrassment.
- My favorite Bible verse is 1 Corinthians 2:9, ” No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind can conceive what God has prepared for those who love Him.” I just love the hope that verse brings–we don’t have any idea what is REALLY in store for us in the end. THAT’S exciting![bctt tweet=”No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind can conceive what God has prepared for those who love Him. 1 Cor 2:9″]
- If you want to spend time with me, DO NOT ask me over to tea, and do not ask me to sit on a park bench to watch the kids play. Ask me to take a walk. I’m a doer which means I enjoy talking a lot more when I can DO something like walking, playing a board game, or cooking. And what happens if you find me conversing without moving? You will most likely see me fidgeting, playing thumb wars with myself or rocking my feet back and forth to confine my desire to move.
- In conjunction with number 7, DO NOT ask me to go shopping with you. I despise having to try on clothes and getting static hair about as much as my daily vitamins. I know it is sometimes necessary and occasionally rewarding, but the whole process is…well…not the most enjoyable activity for me to say the least.
- I am not a big collector, but if I were to collect one thing it would be books which is one reason why I became an Usborne Books and More Consultant. As Groucho Marx once said, “Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.”
- 3 Things I did NOT experience until AFTER college: My first kiss, my first dance, and my first indoor pet.