January! I love January. I love the opportunity it brings to plan, restart, reset, and focus on new goals and initiatives. This year is no exception. Last year I shared how I was starting something new by going beyond one word thinking and extending it to one VERSE thinking. This year I plan to continue that focus as well as find goals that support my one word and one verse. So, without further ado, here’s my 2016 plan of action.
My One Word
I hate to say it but busy-ness is probably my number one temptation and distraction. Busy-ness to do more. Busy-ness to be more. Busy-ness to hide what I don’t want seen. But busy-ness is not godliness. So this year, my hope is to take steps to turn my back on this ever-challenging temptation and strive towards the opposite–peace.
[bctt tweet=”My 2016 motivation is this: peace. “]
My One Verse
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
[bctt tweet=”If it isn’t peaceful or for the intention of gaining peace, why do it?”]
- Go on monthly dates with the hubs.
- Go on an overnight trip….with JUST the hubs!
- Exercise 5 days a week WITH the girls–they need to be physically active too!
- Memorize the Sermon on the Mount (okay…I’m already nervous, but excited about this goal).
- Create a War Room (if you haven’t watched the DVD, you can check it out here; I cannot say enough good things about it).
- Write at least 3 things daily in my gratitude journal.
- Eliminate sugar and gluten from my diet (yes, forever…I’m still struggling with this but it helps ooooh so much).
- Read 2 chapters of a fun book daily (my 2016 book list is coming soon)!
- Finish updating our kitchen (I can’t wait to share pics–my hubby is working sooo hard)!
- Install new carpet
- Paint the master bedroom (yes, it is STILL a mustard yellow).
- Start a new blog (more coming soon)!
- Publish 3 new eBooks (2 are already written and are just needing to be reviewed)!
- Update Cornerstone Confessions’ newsletter format (I can’t wait to share this–it’s going to be so cool. So, be sure to subscribe if you haven’t already. It will be worth it)!
What are your goals for 2016?
Do you have a one word? Or a one verse? Or a full set of goals? How will you be focusing your time and energy in 2016?
Yahweh will bless you and keep you; Yahweh will make shine his face on you and be gracious to you; Yahweh will lift up his face upon you, and he will give you peace.’ (Numbers 6:24–26)