For those of you who have been following Cornerstone Confessions for some time you may have noticed that it has been awhile since we have provided a homeschool update. There are several reasons for that: 1) I am now providing weekly updates on Titus 2 Tuesday, and 2) I am now a regular on Instagram! If you like seeing what we’ve been up to, I encourage you to follow us there as you will see quite a bit of our day-to-day action right away!
For those of you who have missed out, here is a fast countdown of just a few of the things we’ve been up to the last couple of months!
What We’ve Been Up To Countdown
10. My hubby has started to strip and repaint our kitchen! Yes, pictures will be coming soon. I have been looking forward to this…well…for years! I’m so glad to finally see it coming to fruition. A cement countertop is soon to follow too! I just can’t decide on a backsplash.
9. Recently, we went camping with some friends. What fun we had going to Turner Falls and the Chickasaw Cultural Center in southern Oklahoma. I highly recommend both places if you ever get a chance to visit.
8. I recently became an Usborne Books and More consultant, and am loving it. It is such a good match for what I love and already enjoy. And the extra plus, is that I get to host all my parties on Facebook from my couch! So, if you are interested in earning some free children’s books for yourself, for Christmas gifts, or for your kids, leave a comment below or email me to learn more about hosting an Usborne Facebook Party; it’s super easy. Also, if you are interested in learning more about Usborne discounts, and sales, come check out my Facebook group called The Usborne Treehouse. They are seriously some of our favorite books ever!
7. This fall has been all about free printables. And yes, we’ve really been using all of them. Think you might have missed some? You can check out all Cornerstone Confessions’ printables right here.
6. I’ve been getting into YouTube playlists. Why oh why did I not realize the benefit of those things before? One of my girls’ favorite playlists is the Tinga Tinga playlist, and I have been working on creating a Worship Songs playlist. For a family that is currently without any cable, dish, or subscription streaming this is a great alternative!
4. I’ve started transitioning away from Meet Edgar to Post Planner, and I’m really glad about the change. Why, you ask? Because, number one, it’s waaaaay cheaper, but also because post planner makes it very easy to share top content. At first I thought I might miss the categories of Meet Edgar, but I’m quickly learning that it is not the categories but the variety of posts and the quality of posts that matters more which makes Post Planner an awesome tool, especially for the price.
3. I’ve been getting up at 5:00 a.m. the past two months to participate in a local boot camp. You would think it would begin to show, but the least I can say is that I have increased my stamina and maybe developed a few new muscles.
2. We’ve been experimenting with gymnastics and swim lessons. Our summary? The girls like daddy as their PE teacher best so we are sticking with that and using Family Time Fitness.
What have you been up to?
Thy testimonies are righteous for ever: Give me understanding, and I shall live. (Psalm 119:144)