Once again I’m teaming up with my fellow iHomeschool Network buddies to share with you 10 things about me in 10 weeks. Today’s topic: 10 Books About…. Since one of my goals this year was to do some research on the Sabbath (both the history and the implications) I’ve been reading a lot of books on Sabbath rest. While I haven’t got all of the books on my to-read list read yet, I thought I’d go ahead and share a copy with you in case you might be interested in studying more about the topic as well. Peaceful resting!
- Sabbath Keeping by Lynne Baab
- Rest: Living in Sabbath Simplicity by Keri Wyatt
- Even God Rested: Why It’s Okay for Women to Slow Down by Kim Thomas
- The Rest of God by Mark Buchanan
- Sabbath in the Suburbs by Mary Ann McKibber Dana
- Sabbath: Finding Rest, Renewal, and Delight in Our Busy Lives by Wayne Muller
- The Sabbath by Abraham Joshua Heschel
- Living the Sabbath: Discovering the Rhythms of Rest and Delight by Norman Wirzba
- The Gift of Rest: Discovering the Beauty of the Sabbath by Joseph I. Lieberman
- Perspectives on the Sabbath: Four Views edited by Christopher John Donato
Want to link up your own top 10 list for this week’s topic? Learn more about the Ten Weeks of Top Ten Lists and how you can link up on the iHomeschool Network. While there be sure to visit some of my fellow IHN friend’s Top Ten lists to gain even more insight on this week’s Top 10 Topic.
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30