Using the slower cooker on Sundays has almost become a weekly ritual lately as it allows my family a hot home-cooked meal and me a day of cooking rest. This is one of our favorite Sunday recipes. It’s so adaptable and easily modified for my lactose-free daughter. I also love this chicken and rice recipe because it makes sticky rice–one of my favorite sides. Talk about yum! Enjoy!
- 3 c. brown rice
- 2 c. milk (we often use almond milk)
- 4 c. water (or chicken broth)
- ¼ c. flour
- 4 cubes chicken bouillon
- 3 tbsp. dried minced onion
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 lbs. frozen chicken breast
- garlic powder, to taste
- Mix all ingredients except the chicken in slow cooker. Place chicken breasts on top of rice mixture. Sprinkle chicken breasts with garlic powder.
- Cook in slow cooker on high 4-6 hours, or until the rice is fully cooked. Stir/fluff the rice 30-60 minutes before serving.
- Optional: To make the meal go farther and/or to serve when children are present, break up the chicken and mix in with the rice when fluffing.
Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything. Genesis 9:3
Linking up to: