Today’s post almost didn’t happen. I know. I feel like such as slacker. I’m definitely in the downhill slump. You know the kind where you get discouraged, want to give up, and call it quits. This weight loss thing isn’t fun, and sometimes it’s downright disheartening. Thus today I decided to call in the troops from my Pinterest Healthy Inspiration Board. Below are some of my favorites. If you’re on your weight loss journey and need some healthy inspiration to keep on keeping on, feel free to check these out. Hopefully they will be an encouragement to you too.
1. See how your body looks before and after based on your height and weight loss goals with this virtual weight loss simulator.
|Weight Loss Simulator|
2. This “How to Get Skinny” infograph provides great statistical inspiration. Did you know that novelty eating makes you eat more? Maybe that’s part of my problem–I like trying out NEW recipes all the time!
|How to Get Skinny Infograph|
3. Being a time conscious momma who appreciates quick and healthy, I really like this 52 Health Meals in 12 Minutes or Less list.
|52 Quick and Healthy Meals|
4. This is just the quote I needed this week.
|The Reason People Give Up|
5. For some very inspirational before and after stories, check out these found on Shape.com. These remind me often–if they can, I can.
|Shape Before and After Stories|
Want some more Healthy Pinspiration? Check out some of these boards for lots of great pins:
- Dr. Oz’s Boards
- Shape Magazine’s Boards
- Eating Well Magazine’s Boards
- Health Magazine’s Boards
- Fit Sugar’s Boards
Straggling to Strong Challenge Update
Last Week’s Goals
I let my schedule and travel plans get the best of me again. Thankfully there will be no more traveling this next week but that still doesn’t account for my lack of enthusiasm in seeing this through to the finish. I admit it. I’m discouraged. I did cardio when home but gave up tracking my calories as I had no clue exactly what I was eating. Aw well. Thank goodness this is a journey and not a one-time event.
Pounds lost this week: 0
Total Pounds lost: 6 lbs.
This Week’s Goals
- Do at least 3 hours of cardio this week
- Complete 7 Weeks to Fitness Week 5
- Track calories on My Fitness Pal.
*To view all 19 bloggers who are teaming up for this Get Healthy and Fit Series and gain even more inspiration, be sure to check out their profiles by clicking the button to the right. We will also be providing extra inspiration via the Twitter hashtag #healthymomseries and Pinterest board Get Healthy & Fit.