Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. For more info please see my disclosure policy.

The Ultimate List of Online Music Education Games

Ultimate List of Online #Music Education Games #onlineeducationgames
Having a background as a music teacher, I often get the asked what resources are available for homeschoolers to grow in their music studies.   As such, today I’d like to share with you an Ultimate List of Online Music Education Games available for FREE to public and homeschoolers alike to have fun while learning more about music.  Whether playing via iPad, SmartBoard, or laptop, each resource provides supportive games and activities to reinforce music concepts at home.  For your browsing convenience, these online music education games are organized into the following categories:  aural training, composers, composition, instruments, notation, symbols/vocabulary and variety.

Aural Training

Composers

Composition

Ultimate List of Online #Music Education Games #onlineeducationgames

Musical Instruments

Notation

Symbols and Vocabulary

Variety

These websites could not be limited to one particular musical focus but have several online music education games covering a wide-variety of musical instruments and elements.

Looking for free online education games for another subject area?  Check out the other posts in the One Humongous List of Free Online Education Games Series for a complete roundup.

*This post is a part of iHomeschool Network’s Ultimate Guides.  For more Ultimate Guides for everything from housekeeping to homeschooling be sure to check out the Ultimate List of Ultimate Guides created by several dear home school bloggers like myself at ihomeschoolnetwork.com.

**Did I leave out one of your favorite online music education games?  Feel free to let me know in the comments and I’ll be glad to add it to the links above for others!  In order for online games/activities to be included in the above list they must be FREE, ONLINE, INTERACTIVE, and EDUCATIONAL.  Thanks for your help in making this an even more ULTIMATE musical resource.

Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord.  Ephesians 5:19

Cornerstone Confessions
If you enjoyed your visit, enter your e-mail below to have Cornerstone Confessions sent right to your inbox. As part of the Cornerstone Confessions community, you will also gain access to 140+ FREE planner printables for 2015! So let's connect!

Comments

1. says

WOW! This is quite the list! I’m pinning it and referring to it often for my piano students (and eventually my kids when I really start home-schooling them. The oldest is only in K4 this year and I’m not doing any extracurricular subjects w/ him.) I didn’t look at every single one – do you have Makingmusicfun.net on there? Great printables with “speed drills” for note-naming, interval naming, etc.

2. Carol S. says

This is a wonderful list of resources. I’m always looking for quality sites focused on music and music education. Thank you for putting this together—this is a “must keep!”

3. Anonymous says

Um…..where have you been all my music teaching life???? This is AMAZING. Wow. Thank you so much for posting. This represents hours of searching and sifting through…..what a goldmine!!

4. says

Greetings,

I was just looking for some new music games and found your site. Thank you so much fo sharing these sites with us. I teach elementary vocal musc in the Troy School District near Detroit. I just sent my whole dept. the link to your site. Will be trying out a bunch of the games next week.

• says

Yeah! Thanks for sharing. As a former public school elementary music teacher I was hoping this would be a great resource for some of my favorite people in the world. ;) Have fun playing and let me know if you find anything to add. I’d love to keep this post up-to-date! Thanks!

5. says

My nieces and nephews use the online piano lessons at FreePianoLessons4Kids.com and they love them! The viedoes start at a very beginner level and are geared toward kids 5-10 years old, and balance fun with good technique.

6. Nathan Evans says

What an interesting article! My kids LOVE apps like this and I am always on the look out for more. One that I have found that I really like is AURALBOOK. It helps kids improve their listening skills and gives them direct feedback. I think AURALBOOK would be a great addition to this list!

• Nikki Etherton says

Just read the article and was about to comment the exact same thing! My kids absolutely love AURALBOOK and it’s free! It rly fits in well with the other apps on this site.

7. says

Great resource list. Thanks for putting it together, Kathy!

Another excellent app for notation reading is ‘Playpad’ from Musical Trixstar. http://www.musicaltrixstar.com/playpad.html

The idea is that you can play and hear notes by tapping on the staff. The advantage of this is that learners not only see what they have to do but they also hear an instrument play back the note they’ve selected. This takes the concept of learning to read and play from staff notation from an abstract activity to a practical one. The aural feedback confirms the note to the student, which is a great boost to learning. Highly recommended.

• says

Good recommendation, but it’s an app not a website. That said, maybe I need to make a musical app list, yah? If so, I’ll be sure to put this on the list! ;)

Trackbacks