I love recipes that are easy to make, cost-conscious, and able to be frozen for later use, if necessary. This recipe matches all of those and it tastes really good too. If you need a recipe for a quick family night or to take over to a friend in need, this will be a crowd pleaser for sure.
Course: Main Course
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 45 min
- 1 lb. extra lean ground turkey
- 1 c. nonfat cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 c. chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3⁄4 c. cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 c. water
- 3⁄4 c. Heart-Smart Bisquick (or homemade baking mix)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown turkey, onion, and garlic in a pan. While turkey is browning, mix Bisquick and water to form dough (add water gradually as needed for dough). Roll dough flat enough to cover a pie pan with rolling pin. Place dough in pie pan. Mix Worcestershire sauce in with turkey mixture. In a separate bowl, mix cottage cheese with egg. Pour turkey mixture into pie pan. Pour cottage cheese mixture over turkey. Top with shredded cheese. Freeze, if desired or bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.